Can women go for Nafl Umrah?
It is permissible for a woman to perform Nafl Umrah provided that the following conditions are met:
- She is confident that she will not make any Fardh Salaat Qadha due to travel
- She will not brush shoulders with men during the entire journey
- She does not need to interact with males, i.e. speak to officials and staff
- Her food intake during her entire journey will be halaal – She will abstain from carrion and battery chickens
- She does not need to submit to shameless and haraam body scanners and body searches
- She will not be videoed and recorded on camera with her face exposed
- She will not jostle and tussle at the Hajar-e-Aswad
- She will not go on sightseeing during her Umrah trip
- She will not be travelling in a group comprising of Na-Mahram males
If all the above conditions are met then her journey for the sake of Nafl Umrah will be permissible. If, however, any of the conditions mentioned stand to be flouted then it is not permissible for her to perform Nafl Umrah. After Fajr Salaat by sitting on the musalla and engaging in Tilaawat and Thikr and thereafter performing Salaat Ishraaq she will receive the thawaab of one Nafl Haj and Umrah. Why should she, therefore, compromise her Haya and her Deen by travelling in these times of fitnah piled upon fitnah?