To all Muslim organizations.
Please circulate as widely and to as many people as possible. From S.A.M.C.C
Respected and Honourable Ulama
Kindly find a list of Ulama who have branded the chickens to be Haraam.
Also, do find the statement of Hadhrat Moulana Abdul Hamid Saheb, which was made on Sunday the 30th June 2013 at the Bukhari Sharief Jalsa of Darul Uloom Azaadville. Compare the statement of Hadhrat Moulana Abdul Hameed Saheb with Sanha’s claims.
Sanha claimed on Radio “Islam”:
“The Halaal poultry slaughter process at Rainbow and commercial abattoirs of the like was initiated and/or endorsed by Ulama Institutions and leading Islamic scholars of the past the likes of the marhoom Mufti Shafi r.a., Moulana Ansaari r.a., Moulana Omarjee r.a., Moulana Sema r.a., Mufti Ebrahim Sanjalvi r.a., Mufti Bashir Sanjalvi r.a., Moulana Yunus r.a., Mufti Ahmad Mia r.a. including many leading contemporary Ulama.”
Hadhrat Moulana Abdul Hameed Saheb publicly and very firmly refuted the above with following clarification:
“Deceiving the public. And in this point i am going to get a bit emotional, please forgive me but a few times now i have heard that mufti saheb sanjalwi rahmatullah alaih sanctioned and said that commercially cut chickens are permissible and are halaal. This is a total blatant lie. I was with the jamiat very strong in those days. I was sent personally for inspection by mufti saheb at various plants. Mufti sahebs final words; not on my dead body. If you people want to classify it as halaal, do it after im died, but as long as i am living, i dont ever can see these things can be halaal. So these people who are vying with mufti saheb using his name so wrongly, and say that he sanctioned it. Please fear Allah, fear the day of qiyaamah and fear the qabar please!”
We srongly feel that there is an urgent need to educate the public and alert them to the dangers of the commercially Halaal certified chicken industry.
We are compiling a list of Ulama who have understood that the commercial chickens are Haraam on the following grounds:
1. Dozens of slaughterers from different plants have confessed that they do not recite Tasmiyah when slaughtering.
2. When a similar confession was made to Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Rahmatullahi alayh by a single slaughterer, he clearly gave a Fatwa that the chickens were Haraam.
Hereby follows the Fatwa of Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Rahmatullahi alayh:
Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Saheb’s Inspection of an Abattoir
“Someone said to me: “We wish to eat halaal meat and our Salaat to be accepted.” I understood what he meant. [The person requested Mufti Mahmood Saheb (Rahmatullahi alaih) to inspect the local abattoir and approve of the meat slaughtered.]
He took me to the abattoir. It was ascertained that at the abattoir the animals were not slaughtered by automation, rather by human slaughterers.
I asked one slaughterer there: “Do you recite Bismillah over every animal when slaughtering?” He became angry and said menacingly: “Not just once, I read seven times!”
I asked another [slaughterer]; he replied: “I only recite over the first animal, not over the others.”
I told the certifying Ulama: “The Nass-e-Qat’i [Explicit Declaration of the Qur’aan] states: “And do not eat of that over which Bismillah was not recited. Verily its consumption is sinful.”
With this clear-cut Qur’aanic injunction there is no need to dabble in the matter further.”
(Hayaat-e-Mahmood. V.1 P.449)
The following significant facts emerge from the above incident:
1) Hadhrat Mufti Saheb Rahmatullahi alayh gave a clear Fatwa of the chickens being Haraam upon the evidence of ONE slaughterer.
2) The Fatwa was based upon a Nass-e-Qat’i (Explicit declaration from the Holy Qur’aan.)
3) Hadhrat Mufti Saheb Rahmatullahi alayh did not find a need for testing the evidence of the confession of ONE slaughterer. Of major importance is the fact that though the other slaughterer had given evidence that he recites Tasmiyah seven times on each chicken, Hadhrat Mufti Saheb Rahmatullahi alayh did not find it necessary to indulge in any form of cross-examination etc. of him.
4) This Fatwa was given in the presence of the certifying Ulama component of the slaughtering plant. Without any fear, Hadhrat Mufti Saheb Rahmatullahi alayh had openly proclaimed to these Ulama that the chickens were Haraam.
5) None of these Ulama opposed Hadhrat Mufti Saheb’s Fatwa.
6) Hadhrat Mufti Saheb Rahmatullahi alayh made it clear to them that “there is no need to dabble in the matter further.”
With this crisp and firm statement, Hadhrat Mufti Saheb Rahmatullahi alayh nipped all further debates, arguments, discussions and deliberations, irrespective of whatever nature it may, in the bud. There simply exists no scope to entertain any discussions such as the demands of society or the intense need for commercialising the process of slaughtering if the very fundamental Tasmiyah is discarded as per the evidence of the slaughterer. Everything else pales into insignificance and is rightly confined to a bin.
In our humble view, silence is no more an option. Alhamdulillah, thumma Alhamdulillah, many Ulama are realizing that all is not well in the Halaal industry, especially since no Aalim is allowed to do an independent inspection of any of the slaughtering plants.
Thus far, the following Ulama have branded the chickens Haraam.
1. MOULANA A.S AHMED PORT ELIZABETH
2. MOULANA ABDUL HAQ AHMED PORT ELIZABETH
3. MOULANA NAEEM DOCRAT MALBORO
4. MUFTI HASHIM MOHAMED DE DEUR
5. MUFTI SHUAIB RAVAT DE DEUR
6. MOULANA AHMED SEEDAT LADYSMITH
7. MUFTI FARHAAN KARANI DE DEUR
8. MUFTI SADAAQAT KHAN DE DEUR
9. MOULANA ZIYAAD BHIKOO DE DEUR
10. MOULANA FARHAAN PATEL DE DEUR
11. MOULANA HAROON EBRAHIM
12. MOULANA ABDUL LATEEF PATEL DE DEUR
13. MOULANA FIROZ PATEL DE DEUR
14. MOULANA CASSIM O.V MOHOMED PORT ELIZABETH
16. MOULANA IRFAAN MAKDA MALABAR, PE
17. MOULANA ISMAIL EBRAHIM AZAADVILLE
18. SHEOKH ABDUN NOOR MUHAMMED PORT ELIZABETH
19. QARI ALTAAF SAHEB
20. MOULANA A. SALEY HASSIM AZAADVILLE
21. MUFTI E.M.H SALEJEE ESTCOURT
22. SHEIKH ADAM MUHAMMED PORT ELIZABETH
23. MOULANA SHAKOOR CUPP MALABAR, PE
24. MOULANA FAROUK DYNOPU PORT ELIZABETH
25. QAARI AARIF SAHEB
26. MOULANA IHTISHAAM
27. MOULANA YUSUF DESAI P. M. BURG
28. MOULANA JUNAID COOVADIA CROSBY, JHB
29. MOULANA AHMED MOHAMMEDY WESTVILLE
30. MOULANA ISMAIL MOOSAAJEE CAPE TOWN
31. MUFTI YAQUB VALLY HARDING
32. MUFTI BILAAL CASSIM DUNDEE
33. MUFTI A.H. ELIAS RIDGEWAY, JHB
34. MOULANA MOOSA OLGA DURBAN
35. MOULANA MOHAMED VARACHIA LENASIA
36. MUFTI IMRAN VAWDA ISIPINGO BEACH
37. MOULANA NAEEM MOHAMED CHATSWORTH
38. MOULANA ARSHAD CHOHAN ISIPINGO BEACH
39. Ml S. SULAIMAN Escourt
40. Ml. A.K.Y.S Escourt
41. Ml. J. MOOLA Escourt
42. Ml. A DADABHAI Escourt
43. Ml M JEEWA Escourt
44. Mufti Y. KAZI Escourt
45. Sheikh Z. MWALE Escourt
46. Qaari S ABUWAT Escourt
47. Ml RIYAADH BHAYLA Escourt
48. Ml. M MANJOO Escourt
49. Moulana ABDUL QADIR ESSA Durban
50. Ml ZEYAAD MULLAH Devon
51. MOULANA SAADIQ
52. MOULANA UWAIZ
53. MUFTI A K HUSSAIN LENASIA
Some Ulama have requested that only their names be published due to fear of victimisation.
Insha-Allah, by forwarding as many names as you can, the public will become more alert to refraining from Haraam. Morover, you will, Insha-Allah, be absolved of your responsibility on the Day of Qiayamah.
May Allah Ta’ala accept all your efforts and grant us all the strength to ful fill the rights of the Amaanat of ‘ilm. (Ameen)
May Allah Ta’ala reward you abundantly and elevate your status.
Requesting your Du’aas.
South African Muslim Consumer Council
P.O Box 42110