ONE HUNDRED QURAANIC AAYAAT
Along the margins of the Introduction to Hayaatul Muslimeen, Hadhrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (rahmatullahi alayh) had written one hundred Qur’aanic verses in substantiation of what he wrote in this book. On account of the gross indifference towards the Deen nowadays, in fact rejection of the Deen, it is necessary to present a translation of the hundred verses.
1. “Thus, turn towards your Creator and slay some of you (i.e. some should slay others).” (Aayat 54, Surah Baqarah)
This was a command to the Ummah of Nabi Musaa (alayhis salaam) when they manufactured the golden calf and worshipped it. 2. “Then those who were unjust changed the word other than what they were told (to say). Thus We brought down upon the transgressors a calamity from the heavens because of the transgression which they committed.” (Surah Baqarah, Aayat 59)
3. “And, We established over them disgrace and adversity and they became deserving of the Wrath of Allah. This was because they rejected the laws of Allah and killed the Ambiyaa unjustly. This (calamity) was because they sinned and transgressed. ” (Aayat 61, Surah Baqarah)
4. “What other punishment than disgrace in this worldly life can there be for those among you who commit such a deed. And, on the Day of Qiyaamah they will be driven to the severest punishment. ” (Aayat 85, Surah Baqarah)
5. “Who is more unjust than the one who prevents the Thikr and Name of Allah from the Musjids of Allah while he strives to ruin them (the Musjids). They should not enter the Musjids but in fear. For them there is disgrace on earth and a great punishment in the Hereafter.” (Aayat 114 Surah Baqarah)
6. “And among them are those who say: O Our Rabb! Grant us goodness in this world and goodness in the Aakhirah; save us from the punishment of the Fire.’ For these (who ask this) is the share which they have earned. And, Allah is swift of reckoning.” (Aayat 201, Surah Baqarah)