200 Statements of Hadhrat Maseehul Ummat Moulana Maseehullah Khan Sahib (RA)
31) It is imperative to stay in the company of a Shaikh for lengthy spells. If one is unable to do so, then corresponding with the Shaikh and acting upon his advice is a substitute for his companionship.
32) The fruit of silence is success. (The moment you utter a statement there is the possibility of it being contrary to the Shariah, such as a lie, gheebat etc., and there is also the danger of being taken to task for it. On the other hand, if one adopts silence then the possibility of being punished for something that was never said does not exist.)
33) Do not speak excessively.
34) The reality of Mujaahadah is to oppose the nafs.
35) Maintain the habit of opposing the nafs.
36) The necessity of Mujaahadah always exists
37) Sleep and eat to your fill; decrease speech and association with people.
38) Think before you speak.
39) Always keep in mind that if my Allah is pleased with me, the beloved of Allah, (Nabi Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is pleased with me, and my Shaikh too. In so doing there will never be retrogression in one’s spiritual condition. (In other words, do such actions that will keep them all happy.)
40) There are two principles of life, sabr (patience) and shukr (gratitude).
Compiled by: Hadhrat Moulana Muhammad Farooq Sahib Rahimahullahu