The following are the hallmarks of Rasoolullah’s (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) etiquette of speech:
• He would not speak unnecessarily.
• He would maintain silence for lengthy durations.
• He would commence and end his sentences without a mumble. In other words, his speech was articulate from beginning to end.
• He would speak in a succinct, but comprehensive manner. His words were concise, but rich in meaning.
• His speech drew the line between Haq and baatil.
• His speech was neither rambling and tautological, nor incomplete.
• (Nashrut Teeb)