10 FACTS REGARDING PROPHET ʿĪSĀ (PEACE BE UPON HIM)
(1) He was sent by Almighty Allah as a messenger and prophet, similar to Prophet Ibrāhīm, Prophet Mūsā and other prophets (peace be upon them all).
(2) He is not God or the son of God, rather a human being. Believing in the concept of trinity contradicts the belief of Tawhīd (oneness of Allah) (Qur’ān, 9: 31).
(3) He never claimed to be God or the son of God. He was a beloved servant of Allah and a noble messenger (Qurʾān, 5: 116).
(4) His birth was miraculous as he had no father. His place of birth is not known with certainty although Bethlehem is cited by most Muslim and Christian scholars. There is no evidence that he was born on 25 December.
(5) His mother is Maryam (peace be upon her). She was a devout servant of Allah who dedicated her life to His worship and resided in Masjid al-Aqṣā. She is mentioned in the Qurʾān 34 times by name.
(6) He spoke miraculously as a new born baby emphasising his Prophethood and the importance of prayer, charity and obedience of mothers (Qurʾān, 19: 30-33).
(7) He performed miracles with the will of Almighty Allah, such as healing the blind, curing leprosy and raising the dead alive (Qurʾān, 5: 110).
(8) He was raised to the heavens by Allah after a failed assassination attempt. He was not killed or crucified contrary to Christian belief (Qurʾān, 4: 157). He did not atone for the sins of mankind.
(9) He is alive in the heavens and will descend before the end of time in Damascus (Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim, 2937). He has not descended yet contrary to the claims of Mirzā Gulām Aḥmad Qādiyānī. (Qādiyānīs, also known as Aḥmadīs, are not Muslims according to the consensus of scholars).
(10) He will establish a just and prosperous rule (Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī, 2222) and follow the teachings of our Prophet ﷺ. He is the only Prophet who has the honour of being a member of our Ummah.