DEATH BY SHAHAADAT
The following types of deaths are regarded in the Shariah as deaths of Shahaadat In other words, a person who dies in any one of these ways will die as a Shaheed (martyr).
- Death in a plague or epidemic.
- Death by drowning.
- Death in a foreign land.
- Death while in the quest for Islamic Knowledge.
- Death by fire.
- Death in confinement.
- A woman who was patient when her husband married a second wife and remained steadfast in her patience (Sabr) until she died.
- Death by poisoning
- Death by having been killed by wild animals.
- Death by being crushed under a wall, etc.
- Dying while defending or protecting one’s property.
The above are some forms of Shahaadat Death. In the Ahaadith of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) seventy kinds of death have been mentioned as death by martyrdom.