Nabi (صَلَّى اللّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمْ ﷺ) said something to the effect, “The intention of a Believer is better than his action.”
If a person attempts to make these 8 intentions for every action that he does, for 3 days, اَللَّه will make Imaan flow through his veins just how blood flows.
The 8 intentions that we should try to do before and during every action however small or big the action is.
1. Oh اَللَّه, You are giving me the Tawfiqh (ability) to do this amal (action) and the outcome of this amal is in your hands.
2. Oh اَللَّه, I’m doing this amal to obey your command and to follow the Sunnah of Nabi صَلَّى اللّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمْ ﷺ. (Think of some commands and sunnahs in this action)
3. To think of the fadhaail of the amal and Istihzaar at the time of doing the amal.
4. To ponder over the fact that الله تعالى is watching me, he hears me, knows what I am doing and he is with me.
5. Oh اَللَّه, I am not fit to do this amal and everyone else who is doing it is fit to do it. Through their acceptance, accept my amal as well.
6. Oh اَللَّه, I am doing this amal only to please You.
7. Oh اَللَّه, I am doing this amal, please accept it and make it a means of hidayah (guidance) for humanity.
8. After doing the amal, make shukr to اَللَّه ( thank اَللَّه) and then make istighfaar (Seek forgiveness as one could not to action as it was ought to be done)
Note: The value of an action will be determined by the intentions it is done with.
The intention with which an action is done is more valuable than the action itself. (Hadeeth)
The above are just a few from the many intentions that one can make.
Moulana Ilyaas Rahmatullah Alaih