Discharging the Obligation of Zakaat
- Category: Zakaat and Sadaqaat
Narrated by Ibn `Abbas Radhiallahu anhu:
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam sent Mu`adh Radhiallahu anhu to Yemen and said, "Invite the people to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and I am Allah's Messenger, and if they obey you to do so, then teach them that Allah has enjoined on them five prayers in every day and night (in twenty-four hours), and if they obey you to do so, then teach them that Allah has made it obligatory for them to pay the Zakat from their property and it is to be taken from the wealthy among them and given to the poor." (Sahih al-Bukhari)
In this article the following topics of Zakaat will be discussed:
The story of ‘Unuq
- Category: Beneficial Stories
This woman lived in the era of Adam ‘alayhis salam. She is the first person to commit adultery and thereby disgrace herself. Allah punished her in this world by sending huge snakes as big as elephants, huge scorpions as big as camels, huge vultures as big as donkeys from the unseen. They all came and ate her up together.
Ramadhaan—P3—Feeding A Fasting Person
- Category: Fasting and Eid
(Contunued from part 2)
“…Whoever feeds another who fasted, in order to break the fast (at sunset/Iftaar), for the feeder there shall be forgiveness of sins and emancipation from the Fire of Jahannam. And for the feeder will be the same reward as the one who fasted (who he fed) without that person’s reward being decreased in the least…”
A Brief Explanation
- After mentioning that the Rizq of a Mu’min is increased, in order that a person does not become selfish and hoards the Rizq he has with him, Nabi Sallallaahu alaihi wasallam gives Targheeb (encouragement) to spend especially in this Blessed Month. And one of the best times to spend is at Iftaar-to give a fasting person something to break his fast with.
Thus, with this, the quality of kindness is meted out.
In our days, the same will apply to the one who pours water in the glass of another, or offers a Khajoor (date) to the brother sitting nearby.
- Allah’s Treasure is Everlasting. There is no such thing as ‘Bankruptcy’ in regard to Allah Ta’ala-Na’uthu-Billah. Says Allah The Most-High, “To Him belongs what is in the heavens and earth.” In the Sight of Allah, the one one who feeds a fasting person (Iftaar time) will enjoy the reward of his fast as well as the fast of the one he fed. Allahu Akbar! A simple and small act but the rewards are doubled! This is the Mercy of Allah Ta’ala.
(To be continued, Insha Allah)
Working for Allah
- Category: Beneficial Stories
A person said to Rasulullah sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam: "O Rasulullah! I have a wife. When I go to her, she says to me: 'Welcome to my chief and the chief of my household.' When she sees me sad and sorrowful, she says: 'Why are you worrying about the world? Your hereafter is being made easy for you.'" Upon hearing this, Rasulullah sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: "Inform her that she is from among all those who are working for Allah (i.e. doing good deeds) and she is receiving half the reward of those waging jihad."
Lesson: Look at the immense reward she received for this insignificant gesture of hers (which caused comfort to her husband).