“What! Are the people of the cities confident that Our Punishment will not overtake them during the night whilst they are sleeping?
What! Are the people of the cities confident that Our Punishment will not Overtake them during the day whilst they are indulging in amusement?
What! Are they negligent of the Scheme of Allah (that they are safe and sound and oblivious of His Athaab)? Only people who are losers will have (such) confidence.”(Qur’aan)
(On the 3rd April 2017)
In The Morning…
“An earth tremor was felt throughout parts of Johannesburg at about 5am this morning (3 April). Reports have surfaced that the tremor could be felt from as far as parts of Midrand, to Randburg and Northcliff.
According to Earthquake Track, an earthquake was registered with the magnitude 5.2 on the Richter Scale, in Stilfontein, North West.” (Randburg Sun)
Dear son, you will not attain good fortune in your home except by 10 characteristics which you show to your wife, so remember them and be enthusiastic in acting upon them.
As for the first two; women like attention and they like to be told clearly that they are loved. So don’t be stingy in expressing your love for your wife. If you become limited in expressing your love, you will create a barrier of harshness between you and her, and there will be a decrease in affection.
3, Ladies hate a strict, overcautious man, yet they seek to use the soft vulnerable one. So use each quality appropriately. This will be more appealing for love and it will bring you peace of mind.
4. Ladies like from their husbands what their husbands like from them, i.e. kind words, good looks, clean clothes and a pleasant odour. Therefore, always remain in that state.
The Dua of Rasullullah Sallallahu alayhi Wasallam inthemonth ofRajab
It is mentioned on the authority of Hadhrat Anas Bin Malik Radhiallahu Anhu that when the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam sighted the moon of Rajab, he used to pray to Allah in the following words:
اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا في رَجَبَ وَ شَعْبَانَ وَ بَلِّغْنا رَمَضَانَ
“Allahumma Baariklanaa fi Rajaba wa Sha’bana wa ballighnaa Ramadhaan"
“O Allah bless us in Rajab and Sha`ban and enable us to reach Ramadan!”
The following minor signs of qiyâmah have been mentioned in the Hadîth:
1. People will begin considering Allah’s wealth to be their own wealth. They will find it extremely difficult to pay their zakaat.They will consider the wealth which has been entrusted to them as an amanah to be their own wealth.
2. The husband will obey his wife, disobey his mother, consider his father to be an outsider, and consider an outsider to be his relative.
3. Knowledge of the Dîn will be acquired in order to earn a livelihood.
4. Leadership and political power will be given to those who are unqualified. That is, to those who have no self-honour, no manners, and those who are there for their own benefit. Tasks will be handed over to persons who are not suitable for those particular tasks.
5. People will honour and respect oppressors out of fear of being harmed.
6. Alcohol will be consumed openly.
7. The custom of singing and dancing women will become rife. Drums, fiddles, tambourines and other musical instruments will become rife.
8. The later generations will begin criticizing and speaking ill of their pious predecessors.
The Jamiatul-Ulama Gauteng is not a fund raising organization. When depositiong funds, make us your unfettered “Wakeel”. If you are depositing Zakaat, do please ensure that a few extra Rands are deposited in order to offset bank charges.
Zakaat Nisaab: R 4621.90 Mahr Fatimi: R 11554.76 Minimum Mahr: R 231.79
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah Radiallahu Anhu, who said that the Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said: Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.