Recently we are inundated with queries related to the above outbreak which claimed more than 180 lives.
Our Response: Almighty Allah commanded humanity:
"Oh Mankind eat from what is in the earth lawful and pure(nutritious, wholesome, organic etc).
The source of the outbreak was traced to Rainbow Chickens an MJC-Sanha certified entity. This affects Muslims in general. Not only are the above entity a murder, death-camp for chickens as they are mechanically killed instead of Islamically slaughtered it also imports white slime( mixture of chicken carcasses and meat pressure forced through a machine to form a slime that is added in processed products). Hence Sanha has withdrawn its certification of processed meats from Rainbow over 7 years agodue to non compliance of imported Brazilian meat. The MJC however continue to certify despite the harm, filth and health risks it poses for consumers. Processed foods (polony, viennas, nuggets etc ) is a leading cause of major sicknesses and diseases. It is laiden with artificial colouring and other harmful elements to make it addictive and tasty. We are feeding our bodies filth and contributing to our own destruction whilst the Halaal bodies are coining it.
We Advise the following: 1. Refrain from all Rainbow Chicken and by products and their processed line. 2. Refrain from all local polonies, viennas etc. 3. Include healthy alternatives.
Listeriosis is a deadly disease which can be avoided through abstinence.
After your Shi’ah friend tries to unsuccessfully confuse you with, now it’s your turn to confuse him by asking him the questions below:
1. Shi’ahs, in defense of Imamate say: “Could Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam not appoint a successor who could lead the Muslims just as he did?” Isn’t this reasoning flawed as it means that the Sahabah didn’t have the capacity to identify and elect a capable person in their midst? If Allah commanded Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam to do shura (mutually consult) during his lifetime with the Sahabah, notwithstanding receiving wahi (divne revelation), the why can the Sahabah not follow the same example?
2. There are over 40 different Shi’ah sub-sects, each one branding the other as Kaafir. Kindly state which Sh’iah sect is the correct one, and why?
3. Until 300 years after the death of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, there was no such a thing as “Ithna ‘Ashari Shi’ah.” Was Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam really the founder of this sect? Can a religion flourish wherein thousands became apostate, and only three or four remained faithful?
In which direction did Sayyidina ‘Ali Radiallahu Anhu face when making sajdah at time of his birth inside the Ka'ba? According to Shi’ah mythology, Sayyidina ‘Ali Radiallahu Anhu was born inside the Ka'ba. The ridiculous story goes like this: his mother was performing tawaf of the Ka'bah when she started experiencing birth pains. Miraculously the walls of the Ka’bah opened up, and she stayed therein for three days, and was miraculously provided for by Allah. Now, it’s a recorded fact of history that the inside walls of the Ka'ba were decorated by Idols and images of pagan gods, so no matter which direction Imam was facing when he went into prostration after birth, he would be facing an idol!
4. If Sayyadina ‘Alii Radiallahu Anhu was supposed to be the first successor of Islam, was Allah so weak that He couldn’t make this happen? Was Allah also scared of the Sahabah that He allowed three Caliphs to usurp this position before giving it to Sayyidina ‘Ali Radiallahu Anhu?
HADHRAT ZUNNOON MISRI (RAHMATULLAH ALAYH) – PART 1
1. Prior to his renunciation of the world, Zunnoon Misri (rahmatullah alayh) was told of an Aabid (worshipper) who had imposed severe penances on himself. When Zunnoon Misri located the Aabid, he found the latter hanging upside down from a tree. The Aabid was addressing himself, saying: "O nafs! As long as you do not comply with my wishes in worshipping Allah, I shall keep you in this suffering until you perish."
This sight reduced Zunnoon to tears. The Aabid said: "Who is weeping for a shameless sinner?" After exchanging salaams, Zunnoon went in front of the Aabid who said: "My body is not co-operating in the Ibaadat of Allah. I am therefore punishing it."
Zunnoon: "I was under the impression that you had committed murder or some other major sin, hence this server self-imposed punishment."
Aabid: "There is no greater sin than association with people. All sins stem from this sin."
Zunnoon: "Truly, you are a great Zaahid."
Aabid: "If you want to see a great Zaahid, go onto that mountain."
Zunnoon Misri climbed the mountain. When he reached the top he saw in the distance a hut, as he approached the hut, he saw a decomposed human leg laying nearby. From inside the hut emerged a buzrug with one leg. Obviously, the cut-off leg had belonged to him. When Zunnoon asked for an explanation, the buzrug said: "One day while sitting in my place of Ibaadat, a beautiful woman passed nearby. In a moment of weakness my nafs urged me to get up to take a look. As I got up and took a step forward, I heard a Voice rebuking: 'Have you no shame! For 30 years you have been worshipping Allah Ta'ala, but today you are obeying shaitaan!"
Overcome with fear, shame and remorse, I cut off the leg which had taken the first step in the direction of transgression. Why have you come to this evil sinner? If you wish to meet a great Aabid, go to the peak of that mountain." (He pointed in the direction of the mountain.)
The height of the mountain deterred Zunnoon Misri from making an attempt to climb it. The buzrug then narrated the following account of the Aabid:
"He has been worshipping on that mountain for a considerable period of time. Once when someone said to him that a person obtains food only by working and earning a living, he vowed not to eat any food earned by a human being. He passed his time in Ibaadat. After undergoing the rigours of hunger for some time. Allah Ta'ala sent a swarm of bees. He lived on the honey prepared by these bees."
The meetings and talks of these saints made a profound impact on Zunnoon Misri. He repented and resolved to spend his life in the remembrance of Allah Ta'ala. As he came down the mountain he observed a blind bird on a tree. While he was reflecting on the source of the blind bird's sustenance, he saw the bird settling on the ground and pecking the soil with its beak. Miraculously a tray filled with seeds, emerged. Then there emerged a second container filled with water having the fragrance of roses. After satisfying itself, the bird returned to the tree-top and the utensils miraculously disappeared. Zunnoon's Tawakkul and Yaqeen were solidified by this episode.
As he walked in the forest he met a few of his old friends who had discovered a trunk of treasure. They were busy sharing the treasure. A board on which was inscribed the Name of Allah Ta'ala was also with the treasure. When they offered Zunnoon a share of the treasure, he declined and took the board and kissed the Name of Allah Ta'ala. That night in a dream a Voice said to him: "The others chose the wealth of the world. You chose Our Name. We have opened the doors of knowledge and wisdom for you.
2. Soon after his reformation, Zunnoon Misri was making wudhu at the river. Nearby was a mansion. A beautiful woman was standing on the veranda. Zunnoon approached and greeted. The woman said: "O Zunnoon, at first I thought you were a mad man. As I took a closer look and reflected, I thought you were an Aalim. As I examined you more, I thought you were an Aarif. Now that you have approached me, I have realised that you are none of the three."
Zunnoon asked for an explanation. The woman said: "If you were a madman, you would not have made wudhu. If you were an Aalim, you would not have looked at a ghair mahram female. If you were an Aarif, your mind would not have been occupied with anyone besides Allah Ta'ala."
The woman then miraculously became invisible, disappearing from sight. It was then that Zunnoon understood that the figure was not a woman, but a being appointed by Allah Ta'ala for his admonition.
There was a poor man, his wife used to make butter and he used to sell it to a shopkeeper in the city. His wife would make the butter in a round shape that weighed a kilo, he would sell it to the shopkeeper and in exchange he would take his home necessities from the shop. One day the shopkeeper doubted the weight of the butter so he decided to weigh each ball and found that they weighed 900g and became furious with the poor man. The following day when the poor man entered the shopkeeper's place, the shopkeeper angrily addressed him saying "I will no longer buy from you, you sell me butter that's supposed to be a kilo and it weighs 100g less than a kilo." At that moment the poor man was very upset, he lowered his head and said "sir we do not own a scale however I bought a kilo of sugar from your shop and used that as a guide to weigh the butter." Certainly know that - what you use to measure others with, will be used to measure you!
The Jamiatul-Ulama Gauteng is not a fund raising organization. When depositiong funds, make us your unfettered “Wakeel”. If you are depositing Zakaat, do please ensure that a few extra Rands are deposited in order to offset bank charges.
Zakaat Nisaab: R 4643.90 Mahr Fatimi: R 11609.76 Minimum Mahr: R 232.79