Please be aware that the following yogurts manufactured and sold in South Africa are not halaal (as at August 2012). Ignore the MJC and NIHT halaal logos. These yogurts contain haraam gelatin. The gelatin comes from animals that are not slaughtered by the zibah method.
• Danone plain yogurts.
• Danone vanilla yogurts (except 100g).
• Danone honey flavoured yogurt.
• Danone Nutriday low fat fruit yogurts.
• Danone Nutriday Snax yogurts
• Danone Nutriday Topper range of yogurts.
• Danone Vitalinea fat free yogurt.
It is sad that these halaal authorities are certifying products that have a haraam ingredient in them.
These companies do not know any better. If Muslims continue buying these products the companies will not remove the haraam gelatin.
We need to start pressurizing these halaal certifiers to remove their logo from these products. Even the South African Beth Din does not approve of this haraam gelatin. You will not find their logo on any of these products.