200 Statements of Hadhrat Maseehul Ummat Moulana Maseehullah Khan Sahib (RA)
11) Continue to take stock of your actions.
12) Make muraqaba-e-maut (contemplation of death).Compulsory upon yourself.
13) The first step in sulook is to regard yourself as nothing.
14) Bay’at is a sunnat promise. (Bay’at is a sunnat practice through which one pledges and promises to remain steadfast on the teachings and advice enjioned at the time. This was the sunnat promise Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi was’allam extracted from the Sahaaba at the time of bay’at is termed a sunnat promise).
15) Success lies in informing the Shaikh of your true condition and then following his instructions.
16) Perfection cannot be attained without the guidance of a teacher.
17) One cannot attain perfection without staying in the company of one who is already perfect.
18) One should not interfere in the diagnosis and prescription of the Shaikh. (For example, if the Shaikh diagnosis jealousy in you and prescribes generosity as the cure, then do not believe that you are free from this disease nor opt for another type of cure. Translator)
19) The company of the pious makes one pious.
20) Congeniality is a pre-requisite for gaining spiritual benefit. (Congeniality or munasabat means the existence of such compatibility between Shaikh and mureed that the latter has no rejection for any word or practice of the Shaikh. In fact, he readily accepts every statement and act of his Shaikh. When two persons of a different nature cannot travel in this world together, how can two such people tread the Path of Sulook together. -Trans.)
Compiled by: Hadhrat Moulana Muhammad Farooq Sahib Rahimahullahu