22. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the person who offers twelve rakaats of salaat that are not fard, Allah Ta’ala will prepare a house in Jannah for him. The twelve rakaats refer to the sunnah-e-mu’akkadah: two of fajr, six of zuhr (four before the fard and two after), two after the fard of maghrib, and two after the fard of esha).
23. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the person who offers six rakaats of nafl salaat between maghrib and esha without committing any wrong, will receive the reward of making nafl ibaadah for twelve years. That is, the reward of those rakaats will equal nafl ibaadah of twelve years.
24. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the person who offers two rakaats of nafl salaat in a secluded place where no one but Allah and the angels (which are with him all the time, and which only leave him when he goes to relieve himself or when he is engaged in sexual intercourse) can see him; then salvation from jahannam will be written down for him. In other words, he will be granted the ability to abstain from sins and thereby save himself from sins. However, he should continue offering this salaat. Only then will he attain this barakah.
25. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the person who offers the twelve rakaats of chaasht salaat, Allah Ta’ala will prepare a house of gold for him in jannah.
26. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the person who offers four rakaats of chaasht salaat and four other rakaats prior to the zuhr salaat (apart from the sunnat-e-mu’akkadah salaat), a house will be prepared for him in Jannah.
27. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the person who offers twenty rakaats of nafl salaat between maghrib and esha, Allah Ta’ala will prepare a house for him in Jannah.
28. It is mentioned in a Hadith: “The person who offers four rakaats before asr, Allah Ta’ala will make the fire haraam upon him.” – Narrated by Tabrani.
The meaning of this Hadith is that by offering this salaat continuously, he will be granted the ability of doing good deeds, abstaining from evil and thereby save himself from Jahannam. However, it is necessary that such an amount of ibaadah be done which one can fulfil with steadfastness no matter how little it may be. There is no harm if one misses out at some time or the other due to a valid reason. When a person commences offering nafl salaats, he should maintain it as far as possible because it is extremely detestable to commence with it and thereafter abandon it.
29. It is mentioned in a Hadith: “May Allah have mercy on the person who offers four rakaats before asr salaat.” Narrated by Imam Suyuti.
Dear Muslim brothers and sisters! Devote yourselves totally to this Hadith. Through a little effort, you will receive such a high status that you will receive the blessings of the dua of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and the ability to abstain from sins. No matter how much and in which way you thank Allah Ta’ala for this bounty, it will be insufficient. The dua of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam will only be granted to the fortunate ones.
Our book of deeds are presented to Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam every morning and evening. Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam becomes extremely pleased when he comes to know that a person is doing good deeds and carrying out that ibaadah which he himself had urged us to carry out. By attaining his happiness and pleasure, one is granted mercy and comfort in both the worlds.
A poet says:
“It is through your generosity that this world and the hereafter is existing.
And from among Your knowledge is the knowledge of the Preserved Tablet.” (i.e. the Lauh-e-Mahfooz, in which everything that will occur till qiyaamah is recorded)
In other words, it is through your concern and generosity that the bounties of this world and the hereafter can be attained. And it is through your teachings that the knowledge of the Lauh-e-Mahfooz can be obtained.
There are two ways of attaining this knowledge: (i) There are unseen mysteries and secrets in your Ahadith and these are revealed to the special servants of Allah Ta’ala. (ii) Through the favours of Allah Ta’ala and the barakah of reading your Ahadith and practicing upon them, unseen mysteries are also revealed to those who search for the truth. Understand this well and practice upon it. There is not much benefit in merely studying without any practice. Real benefit can only be attained by studying and then practicing.