Honour and Respect at the time of Tajhiiz and Takfiin (preparation for burial)
Chapter No: 8
- Sayyidina ‘Amr bin Diinaar Radiyallahu ‘Anhu said: “The ruh of a deceased after dying remains in the hands of an angel, (from where) it observes how his body is being given ghusl; how kafan is put on; how it is being carried. While the body is still on the bier, the angel says to him, listen to the people praising you.” – Abu Nu‘aym in the ‘Hulyah’.
Commentary: The same type of narration has been narrated by lbn Abid Dunyaa from Sufyaan RA, that the Malaa’ikah say this same thing to him. The aim of the angel is to show the respect of the people at that moment and create hope for the future.
The Respect and love for a Mu-min in the skies
- Sayyidina Anas Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “For every human there are two doors in the sky. One from which his deeds ascend, and the other from which his sustenance descend. When a Mu-min bondsman passes away, both doors weep for him.” – Tirmithi, Abu Ya’laa, Ibn Abid Dunyaa.
The Respect and love for a Mu-min on earth
Chapter No: 10
- ‘Ataa Al-Khura-saanii narrates: “Any bondsman who makes sajdah (prostrates) for Allah on any portion of the earth, that portion of earth will give evidence on the person’s behalf, and weep for him on the day of his death.” – Abu Nu‘aym.
- Sayyidina Ibn ‘Abbaas Radiyallahu ‘Anhu said: “The earth weeps for (on the death of) a Mu-min for forty mornings (days).” – Ibn Abid Dunyaa, Haakim, Sharhus Sudur.
- Sayyidina Ibn ‘Umar Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “When a Mu-min passes away, all (places of) graves decorate and adorn themselves on his death. There is no place (grave) among them which do not wish that he be buried therein.” -Ibn ‘Adii, Ibn Mandah, Ibn Asaakir.