Comfort and Ease in the Mah-shar
Shouq-e-Watan (Desire for the Aakhirah)
- Sayyidina Abii Hurayrah Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “Allah Ta‘aala will grant seven people shadow on the day there will be no shadow but His shadow (under the ‘Arsh -Throne-):
- A just ruler;
- A young person who grew up in the devotions of Allah;
- A man whose heart remains attached to the masjid from the time he leaves there till he returns;
- Two persons who kept mutual love for the sake of Allah. They get together for His sake and part for His sake;
- The one who remembers Allah in solitude and tears flow from his eyes;
- A man whom a woman of noble descent and beauty seduces, and he says I fear Allah;
- A person who gives charity in such secrecy that his left hand does not know what the right hand has given.” – Mishkaat.
- Sayyidina Abii Hurayrah Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “People will come to the mah-shar separated into three groups. One group will come walking; some will be riding; and some on their faces.” -Tirmithi, Mishkaat.
The commentators have said, those walking will be the Mu-mins who have mixed good deeds with bad deeds. And they said, those riding are of a high stage who are complete in their imaan. (The nonbelievers will be brought crawling on their faces.)
- Sayyidina Ibn ‘Abbaas Radiyallahu ‘Anhu narrates from Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam in a long hadith: “The first person to be clothed on the day of qiyaamah will be Sayyidina Ebrahim ‘Alayhis Salaam.” – Agreed upon in Mirqaat.
The accepted ones will rise from their graves in the state of undress, but they will be given their kafan to wear. They will be transported on she camels to the grounds of the mah-shar. The wearing of these clothes (as stated in the hadith) is attributed to divine robes of honour and dressing of Jannah, that will be given to the chosen group to wear.
- Sayyidina Ibn ‘Umar Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “Allah Ta‘aala (at the time of reckoning) brings a Mu-min closer to Him under the cover of His protection and conceals him. Allah Ta‘aala will say: ‘Do you remember such and such sin?’ The person will reply: ‘Yes, my Rabb.’ He will confess all his sins and think in his mind that now I am doomed. Allah Ta‘aala will say: ‘I had concealed those sins in the world and I forgive those for you today.’ Then he will be given his Book of Good Deeds.” – Mishkaat
- Sayyidina Abii Sa‘iid Al-Khudarii Radiyallahu ‘Anhu reports that he came to Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam and said: “Please inform me who will have the strength to remain standing on the day of qiyaamah (a day that will be very long)?” He said: “It will be made light and easy for a Mu-min till it becomes for him like (the duration of) a fard salaah.” It is stated in a narration that Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam was asked regarding the day, the length of which is fifty thousand years (i.e the day of qiyaamah). He gave the same answer. – Bayhaqii, Mishkaat.
- Sayyidina Abii Hurairah Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “My haud (reservoir) will be very wide, more than the distance between Eelah and ‘Aden. It will be whiter than ice; sweeter than honey with milk; its utensils will be more than the count of the stars. I will turn away strange people in the manner that a person turns away strange camels from his haud.” The people inquired: “Will you recognise us on that day O Rasulullah?” He said: “Yes, you will have a sign which no other Ummah will possess. You will come to me in such a state that your faces, hands and feet will glitter due to the effects of wudhu.” – Muslim, Mishkaat.
- Sayyidina Abii Dharr Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “I know the last person who will enter Jannah (paradise), and the last to come out of Jahannam (hell). He will be a person who will be brought forward on the day of qiyaamah. It will be said, present to him his minor sins and lift his major sins (i.e. do not present these to him). His minor sins will be presented to him. It will be said to him; on a certain day you committed a certain thing. He will reply: ‘Yes.’ He will not be able to deny them. He will now dread the presentation of his major sins. It will then be said to him: ‘For you, in place of every sin there is a good deed.’ He will say: ‘O my Rabb, I have committed things (sins) which I do not see here.’” (The intention here is the major sins, that, for these too, reward must be given. The narrator says:) I observed Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam laugh till his teeth began to show. – Muslim, Mishkaat.
- Sayyidina Anas Radiyallahu ‘Anhu reports that Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said: “My sha-faa‘ah (intercession) is for those from my Ummah who have committed major sins.” – Tirmithi and others, Mishkaat.
- Sayyidina Anas Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam said while portraying the condition and state of the inhabitants of Jahannam, a person from the inhabitants of Jannah will pass before them. A person from among them will say to him, O person do you not remember me; I am the one who gave you (water) to drink. One will say, I am the one who gave you water for wudhu. That person (of Jannah) will intercede on their behalf and have them entered into Jannah. – Ibn Maajah, Mishkaat.