Five Ramadhaan Gifts to this Ummah
Abu Hurairah relates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said “My Ummah has been given five special things that were not given to anyone before them.
* The smell from the mouth of a fasting Muslim is sweeter for Allah
(Subhanahu wa Taala) than the pleasant smell of musk.
* The fish in the sea seek forgiveness on their behalf until they
break their fast.
* Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) prepares and decorates His special Jannah
every day and then says (to it): ‘The time is near when My fruitful servants shall put away the load (of the world) and come to you.’
* In this month, the rebellious shayateen are chained, so as not to
cause those evils which they normally do during months other than Ramadhaan.
* On the last night of Ramadhaan, the fasting Muslims are forgiven.”
The Sahabah there upon inquired “O Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), is that night Laylat ul Qadr?”
Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) replied “No, but it is only right that a servant should be given his reward on having completed his duty.”
(Ahmad & Bayhaqi)
Five gifts from Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) were not granted to the (fasting) people before Islam. If only we could truly appreciate how great this bounty from Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) really is, we would sincerely try to gain those special favors.