200 Statements of Hadhrat Maseehul Ummat Moulana Maseehullah Khan Sahib (Rahmatullahi Alaih)
131) Wealth and intelligence are not necessary corollaries. (That is, the two don’t always go together).
132) Elevation of the spiritual status is dependant upon good deeds.
133) Tasawwuf entails preference of faraa-iz over nawaafil.(Tasawwaf does not advocate that people make excessive zikr on one hand, while they neglect the faraa-iz on the other.)
134) Solitude is achieved through (seclusion of) the heart, not just by physical separation. (Seclusion does not mean to sit alone and have the entire world in your heart.But just as sitting in seclusion is necessary, it is even more important to attain seclusion of the heart, meaning that one should expel everything besides Allah Ta’ala from the heart).
135) One should remain aloof from market places, shopping centres, etc. (This is not a prohibition from working and earning in such places. Earn halaal to spend in Allah’s Way. However, never allow attachment to mislead you from the Laws of Allah.)
136) The Mashaa-ikh should also remember their childhood.
137) Unnecessary objections stem from ignorance.
138) To attain love, seeing the beloved is not necessary. Yes, constant remembrance is necessary.
139) To ignore stray thoughts (that come into the mind unintentionally) is the remedy for many problems. (For example, you are ill and everyone comes to visit you except your best friend. A thought flutters through the mind that, “he was the first one at my wedding, walima, etc but where is he now?” You now begin doubting the sincerity of this friendship. If one pays attention to this thought then gradually it becomes stronger in the heart, building up to voluntary hatred towards this friend. Thereafter it becomes difficult to even speak to or associate with him any more).
140) Ulema should not be the third party in the disputes of laymen.
Compiled by: Hadhrat Moulana Muhammad Farooq Sahib Rahimahullahu